Biblical Prohibition: The Satanic Perspective

When I examine the ancient biblical prohibitions, I do not see a moral compass. I see a handbook for the herd. I see a set of anti-life doctrines, meticulously designed by psychic vampires to suppress human vitality and breed slavish obedience.
As a Satanist following the philosophy codified by Anton Szandor LaVey, I do not kneel before a literal deity. Instead, I hold Satan as the ultimate symbol of man's carnal, earthbound nature. This is my declaration. I stand for indulgence instead of abstinence, vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams, and undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit. I recognize man as just another animal. We are sometimes better, but more often worse than those that walk on all fours, because our so-called divine intellectual development has made us the most vicious animals of all.
The masses parade the Ten Commandments as the ultimate moral code, yet I recognize them as basic survival logic co-opted by a tyrannical, imaginary father figure. I avoid murder and theft not because a phantom in the sky commanded it, but out of pragmatic self-preservation and a strict adherence to the Lex Talionis, the law of retaliation. I protect my own property and my own life. I know that initiating unprovoked violence invites justified destruction upon myself.
The remainder of their commandments is sheer megalomania. Demanding I have no other gods and forbidding me from coveting what my neighbor possesses is a direct assault on human ambition. I declare that coveting is the very fuel of progress and material success. Without the desire to acquire, conquer, and elevate my status, I would stagnate. I am my own ultimate godhead. I practice autotheism. To bow before an external deity is to commit the Satanic sin of self-deceit, willfully blinding myself to my own agency and power.
Beyond those ten rules, the texts pile on strict laws meant to micromanage daily life and strip away individuality, born from the terror of ancient tribes. They explicitly forbid divination, sorcery, and witchcraft, a laughable hypocrisy for a religion steeped in burning bushes and blood sacrifices.
I boldly utilize Greater and Lesser Magic. I use the wile and charm of Lesser Magic to bend everyday situations to my will. I use the ritual of Greater Magic as an intellectual and emotional decompression chamber to focus my desires and purge my frustrations. I embrace the dark aesthetics and occult practices they fear because they are potent symbols of my carnal liberation. Yet, I draw a hard line where they finally speak sense. The prohibition on sacrificing children is one I wholeheartedly uphold. Children, along with non-human animals, are natural magicians and the ultimate expressions of the life force, entirely free from the guilt-ridden filth of adult religions. My code strictly forbids harming them.
This oppressive framework extends into their sexual morality, standing as a testament to the life-hating nature of the Abrahamic faiths. They attempt to build strict cages around human sexuality, pathologizing natural bodily functions and forbidding same-sex relations.
I condone any sexual activity that properly satisfies individual desires, whether heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, or polyamorous, provided it is between consenting adults. I reject their arbitrary shame and celebrate sexual indulgence as a vital, powerful force. Repression creates neurotic, easily manipulated slaves. Indulgence creates masters of their own domain. Furthermore, I reject their obsessive-compulsive dietary and agricultural tribalism. I operate in the real world, relying on objective reality, scientific hygiene, and the gratification of my senses. I will not deprive my palate to please a ghost.
When their texts occasionally demand honest weights and measures, they touch on fair dealing. I believe in fair exchange and abhor deceit among my peers, but I do not subscribe to unconditional egalitarianism.
I recognize the natural law of stratification. All men are not created equal. I give kindness to those who deserve it instead of wasting love on ingrates. The biblical demand to unconditionally protect the vulnerable artificially props up the weak and the lazy at the expense of the strong and the driven. I stand for responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires who drain the energy and resources of the productive.
The true sickness of their "slave morality" takes root in the New Testament. It is a shift from behavioral control to full-blown psychological castration, demanding I police my own thoughts and surrender my ego entirely. The Nazarene weaponizes basic human psychology, equating anger with murder and lust with adultery. He demands I turn the other cheek, love my enemies, and pray for my persecutors.
I reject this suicide pact for the human spirit. If a man smites me on one cheek, I will smash him on the other. I must destroy my enemies, lest they destroy me. Anger, lust, and pride are not sins. They lead to physical, mental, and emotional gratification. They are the most natural and necessary human emotions, essential for survival, mental health, and ultimate triumph.
The demand for blind submission and herd conformity is the ultimate insult. I recognize herd conformity as a cardinal Satanic sin. It is acceptable to conform to a person's wishes if it ultimately benefits me, but I will not submit blindly to the dictates of a mass entity just to be accepted.
Their writers condemn human nature itself, demonizing ambition, pride, and the very traits that lead to worldly success and personal power. By labeling indulgence as a vice, they ensure their flock remains docile, poor in spirit, and easily fleeced by their masters. I refuse to succumb to stupidity, the ultimate cardinal sin, and these texts are masterclasses in demanding intellectual stupor.
The squabbling of modern adherents over which of these ancient laws still apply is entirely irrelevant to me. The entire biblical framework is a monument to weakness and self-deceit. I vehemently reject their archaic prohibitions. I am my own godhead, carving my own path. I choose vital existence, fierce individualism, unapologetic pride, and the fulfilling gratification of my carnal desires over the suffocating, life-denying restrictions of a slave religion.
When I am asked whether the United States is a secular or a Christian nation, I see the question as a battleground for our fundamental liberties. For those of us who align with the Satanic viewpoint, the answer dictates whether we live as equal citizens or subjugated outcasts. Legally and constitutionally, I know this nation is strictly secular. Yet, we are constantly forced to combat the oppressive and pervasive myth that America belongs exclusively to the Christian faith.
From my perspective, the United States was established upon brilliant, secular foundations that we vigorously defend. I revere the U.S. Constitution precisely because it is a godless document that deliberately omits any mention of a creator. I look to Article VI, which forbids religious tests for holding public office, as a vital safeguard for our freedoms. This was a radical rejection of European theocracies, and it aligns perfectly with our core values of reason, justice, and individual liberty.
This secular foundation is cemented by the First Amendment, which I consider my most sacred shield against tyranny. The separation of church and state guarantees that my Satanic beliefs, or a lack of belief entirely, are treated equally under the law. It is designed to prevent the government from endorsing a specific faith or forcing its dogma upon us. I frequently remind those who push for religious supremacy about the 1797 Treaty with Tripoli, which explicitly declared that the American government is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion.
Despite this clear legal framework, we must constantly confront the historical revisionism that attempts to rebrand America as a Christian theocracy. I recognize that many early colonists were Christian, but they often built intolerant communities that punished dissent. To me, the true American spirit was not born from their religious fervor, but rather from the Enlightenment principles that finally pushed back against that dogmatic control. The narrative of a uniquely Christian heritage is frequently used to justify moral panic and social control.
This cultural perception is heavily tied to historical demographics, but I celebrate the fact that those demographics are rapidly changing. For much of its history, the country has been majority Christian, allowing their traditions to dominate our social norms. However, as a Satanist, I welcome the rising tide of secularism, atheism, and genuine religious pluralism. We refuse to accept the premise that a historical demographic majority should have the permanent right to dictate the moral and legal framework of a modern society.
Ultimately, I view the "Christian nation" label as a political weapon designed to enforce religious supremacy and marginalize outsiders. We proudly stand as the ultimate adversaries to this overreach, demanding that the law remain blind to religious privilege. In my view, the United States must operate as a strictly secular republic. Only by maintaining this separation can we ensure that all individuals have the absolute freedom to think, rebel, and live according to their own sovereign conscience.